- Basic marksmanship
- Handling firearms properly.
- Range safety, including how to properly load & unload a handgun.
- Ability to explain how to handle ammunition safely.
- Ability to explain proper storage practices of of both handguns and ammunition.
- Ability to to explain the rules of safe handling of a handgun.
Along with the skills above, students in this 20 hour OPOTA class will be taught the principles of Ohio CHL Law (Concealed Handgun License Law). Completion of this course will also qualify students to apply for a CCW Permit at their local Sheriff’s Office.
- Absolutely no ammunition is allowed in the classroom at any time. Please leave all ammunition in your vehicle
- Ball caps optional
- Handgun & 100 rounds of ammunition (Action Defense will provide a rental firearm for a nominal charge & also has ammunition for purchase)
- Eye and ear protection (Provided for free if needed)
- Photo ID (driver license, state-issued ID, or passport)
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must not be under indictment or been convicted of a felony in the U.S. or elsewhere
- Must not be convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence
- Not under court order (i.e. order of protection, harassment, etc.)
- Must not be a fugitive from justice
- Must not be a user of or addicted to any controlled substance
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces
- Have never renounced U.S. citizenship
- Do not suffer from mental illness and have not been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution
Our Goal at Bee-Safe is to produce the highest level of Officers on the market today and in doing so provide selfless Officers of solid character, ethics, morals, and integrity!