4-hour OPOTA Private Security Firearm Requalification Course – Jan 15th
Address: 17 Findlay St, New Riegel, OH 44853
4-Hour Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission (OPOTC) firearm certification course fulfills all state requirements to obtain your OPOTC Private Security Firearms Certificate. The course consists of course of fire, rules of engagement, use of force and live fire. The participant must qualify within the OPOTC requirements to pass the course, which consists of a written exam and firearm proficiency test. This course’s certificate satisfies the State of Ohio’s requirements for obtaining a CCW license.
Class Attendees MUST bring the following:
- Handgun (semi-auto and or revolver)
- 100-rounds of ammunition per firearm (minimum) (no loaded firearms inside the training center)
- (2) Two ammunition magazines (minimum)
- Duty belt with an affixed belt firearm holster
- Magazines holster
- Ear Protection
- Eye Protection
- State ID
- Copy of their Current OPOTA Firearm Certificate
* Refreshments, snacks, and lunch are allowed within the training center (refrigerator and microwave available)
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT: Perfect attendance for the course is a requirement, per OPOTC regulation. If you miss more than 14 minutes you will not be permitted to complete the class (NO refund will be given). Make-up is $25 per half hour (1-14 minutes equals a half hour of make-up).
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must had previously completed a OPOTA 20-HR Firearm Course and possess a non-expired certificate
- Must not be under indictment or been convicted of a felony in the U.S. or elsewhere
- Must not be convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence
- Not under court order (i.e., order of protection, harassment, etc.)
- Must not be a fugitive from justice
- Must not be a user of or addicted to any controlled substance
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces
- Have never renounced U.S. citizenship
- Do not suffer from mental illness and have not been adjudicated mentally incompetent or
committed to a mental institution
DRESS CODE: You will need to wear pants (no holes) with belt loops, a belt and non-slip shoes, no open toe shoes.
ARRESTS AND/OR CONVICTIONS: Any felony conviction (including any arrests/convictions that you or an attorney have had expunged/sealed by the court) may prohibit you from entering the Class. Note: Applicants who want to be certified to carry a firearm must NOT have a criminal record, to include domestic violence or any conviction of a lesser offense or plea where the original charge was domestic violence.
If you answer yes to any of the below questions you cannot take this course
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony offense in any jurisdiction, including any conviction that has been sealed or expunged? (If so, you may not attend any portion of a Peace Officer Basic Training Academy.)
- Are you a fugitive from justice?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony offense of violence as defined in ORC 2901.01?
- Have you ever been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been a felony offense of violence?
- Have you ever been convicted of any felony offense involving a drug of abuse?
- Have you ever been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been a felony offense involving a drug of abuse?
- Are you drug dependent, in danger of drug dependence, or a chronic alcoholic?
- Are you under adjudication from any court for mental incompetence?
- Have you been adjudicated by a court as a mental defective?
- Have you been committed by a court to a mental institution?
- Have you been found by a court to be a mentally ill person subject to hospitalization by court order, or have you been an involuntary patient other than one who is a patient only for purposes of observation?
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime that had a possible sentence of more than one year?
- Are you an alien, illegally or unlawfully in the United States?
- Have you been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?
- Have you renounced your United States citizenship?
- Are you under a court order that restrains you from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or the child of such intimate partner, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child?
- Have you been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?
- Do not bring loaded firearm into the training academy. Keep ammunition locked in your vehicle and only bring your secured unloaded handgun into the classroom.
What you will receive:
Upon the successful completion of this 4 HR OPOTA Renewal Class, you will receive a signed Certificate of Completion by an Ohio Police Officers Training Commission (OPOTC) Certified Instructor at Bee-Safe.